Attitude determines results, more than anything else. If you want to change your life, the only way to do it is to change the perceptions you hold in your subconscious mind. Change these perceptions and the outcome might surprise you. Watch the video below:
This video is a humorous way of depicting the following: What is reality but a concept unique to each of us? Can anything be classed as real when our perceptions differ greatly on so many things? Just because we see something a particular way does not make it so. We can be so adamant sometimes that our way of seeing something is more right than someone else’s way.
So, how do you change your perception? Sheer willpower? No. You cannot change your life personally or professionally through willpower alone. All the positive affirmations you can possibly say in front of a mirror will not change your subconscious mind. The only way to change your subconscious mind is through creative visualization and action.
If you are not getting what you want in life, you have to change you perception. You’ve got to find a way to mentally rehearse your life the way you want it to be, because if you don’t, your mind will create more of what you have now, over and over and over. By visualizing and seeing what you want, you can absolutely get it. But how do you do this? We are not suggesting you start eating yellow snow in hopes that it’s your favorite triple hops brewed adult beverage. However, here are six steps you need to take:
- Reach the awareness that your particular belief is your perception and not reality.
- Redefine the supportive belief that you want. Be definite and write it down. Create a positive affirmation for the new you. Take a mental picture of yourself or exactly how you want the new you to act.
- Define the behavior that someone with your new supportive belief does. Mentally rehearse yourself doing the desired behavior over and over in your mind.
- Do this new behavior regardless of how your feel or what you believe.
- Track it and measure it.
- Reinforce it daily in a journal.
Let how you act determine the way you feel. Don’t let how you feel determine the way you act.